Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ice Flows




The ice flows have started to form on Lake Iliamna. We had to make a special annoucement to the kids that they couldn't go "berg-jumping" but that didn't stop their teachers....

The days are already becoming shorter and shorter. Monday, sunset was at 5:45 and today it was at 5:15. Oh, something unique to being up here, now matter what the temperature is in my room - it's too hot for my students. Granted my room is usually around 80* (only room on the second floor, in fact I have the hottest room in the district), but if it came down to 55* they HAVE to have the windows open. Nevermind snow is piling into the room or the temperature outside is 2*, they'll still say "It's hot". Curiously, they'll never take off their coats. Urgh.

I was talking to another teacher across the lake and his room was hovering around 65*. Despite this they were still opening the windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home